Search This Blog

Friday 2 July 2010

2nd July

Welcome to my first blog entry! I intend to update this fairly regularly to keep you all up to date with what I’m doing.

Currently I have around 600 photos from last weekend which I need to sort through and edit – it was the Whitehaven Festival weekend, a yearly three-day event comprising music, food, tall ships, air displays, fireworks, as well as local, national, & international foods & crafts.
This coming weekend there’s the vintage rally at Distington, and I fully expect to take another hundred or so photos (weather permitting!), which will add to the backlog.
These photos are likely only to be posted to my Facebook group, deviantART, and my Flickr photostream; however I still have plenty of photos to add to my website.

Earlier in the week, I joined a new social networking site - Geavity. Its aim is to connect people based on the camera equipment they use. I’ve made a start on my own profile, and intend to improve it over the coming weekend. It would seem this site has come at a good time for me; I’m starting to look around for a new lens, probably a telephoto, as it’s what I feel I’m currently missing, and I’m hoping that using Geavity alongside a few other resources I’ll be able to find the best lens for my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment